Sunday, September 13, 2009

i'm quitting. For a month.

So I've decided. To taste and see for myself that God is good. That He is satisfying. More satisfying than anything else.

And so I'm quitting dramas and jap shows for a month. Completely. I've deleted all my links, bookmarks.

And instead of dramas and jap shows I'll be reading Christian books. Sewing. Making stuff. Painting? Doing work? Spending time with God?

Yes. I choose Jesus.

Let's see how this goes.

it hurts too much to say i'm quitting forever, so I just put a one month limit :)

4 comments:

  1. great stuff!!!
    yeh cos dramas can suck the life out of you :)
    I've realised it hehe..
    and even without it, time can be sucked out elsewhere too, so need to be careful and disciplined :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i fasted from youtube for a while too. because i was friggin watchin way too much wlh + more.

    don't you sometimes find yourself trying to fill some sort of emptiness or bring excitement to your "dull life" by living in another person's shoes? that is what dramas and watching concert clips do for me. bad bad bad.

    by God's Grace, jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tinny!
    I guess drama can be addictive, and after a while you sit there thinking if there were better things one could be doing with one's life. That's exactly how i felt every time. I tried to make excuses, like I was learning another language, or I'm learning about life, but well...thankfully life has been so busy lately i haven't had a chance to watch drama and been concentrating on the things that matter most :)
    Hope God will satisfy you ultimately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, *hugs* for whats happening lately :S
    ganbatte ne~!
    and I hope you have had a good time off drama for a month.
    Keep persevering and try to keep yourself from watching it till after uni ends :)

    ReplyDelete